Last Updated on
I hadn’t noticed the Vogue ’73 things…’ thing, not being one to read Vogue! But, I’ve enjoyed reading the ’73 Questions’ meme on several of my favourite blogs, so I thought I would join in. It took me longer to answer than I thought it would!
1. Were you named after anyone?
No, although I believe my father may have had a dog called Sara Jane when he was a child…
2. When was the last time you cried?
When I received some worrying news about a friend.
3. Do you like your handwriting?
4. What’s your favourite lunch?
Fresh bread, good cheese and proper butter.
5. Instagram or Twitter?
6. If you were another person, would you be friends with you?
Yes; most of the time.
7. Do you bake?
Yes, but not as often as I’d like to.
8. Do you like flying?
Not really, although I am less scared of it than I used to be…
9. Would you bungee jump?
Not a chance!
10. What is your favourite cereal?
Crunchy Nut Cornflakes.
11. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
No! And it annoys me every morning :)
12. Do you think you’re strong?
Mentally (yes) or physically (no)?
13. What is your favourite ice-cream?
14. What is the first thing you notice about people?
Their eyes and their hands.
15. Red or pink?
16. What is the least favourite thing about yourself?
17. Who do you miss the most?
Being an expat, I miss a lot of people, a lot of the time.
18. What was the last book you read because everyone was reading it?
I tend to read what I want to read.
19. What film made you cry the most?
Most films will make me cry at some point, hard to single out one movie that has made me cry the most; Steel Magnolias, Beaches or Terms of Endearment perhaps… I can’t bring myself to watch The Fault in Our Stars yet!
20.What was the last thing you ate?
Crackers and cheese.
21. What are you listening to right now?
Silence. The kids are in bed, the husband is working on a project and I am writing.
22. If you were a crayon what colour would you be?
23. Favourite smell?
24. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
25. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
26. Favourite sport to watch?
27. Hair colour?
28. Eye colour?
29. Puppies or kittens?
30. Favourite food?
Pasta, eggs (or chocolate!).
31. Scary film or happy endings?
Happy endings, although I am partial to a good horror movie.
32. Last film you watched?
33. What book are you reading at the moment?
All The Light We Cannot See by Anthony Doerr, this months Book Club read.
34. Summer or winter?
35. Hugs or kisses?
36. Favourite dessert?
37. Favourite room in the house?
38. How long have you been on Facebook?
39. What is your favourite country to visit?
I would have said the US until we moved here, now it would be the UK :)
40. What was the last country you visited?
41. What is your favourite film?
I’d love to name a classic here, but Never Been Kissed is guaranteed to cheer me up.
42. Favourite sound?
43. Rolling Stones or the Beatles?
44. What is the farthest you have been from home?
45. Do you have a special talent?
Not that I’m aware of, yet!
46. Where were you born?
47. Where are you living now?
Greater Boston Area, US.
48. Favourite Hitchcock movie?
I wouldn’t choose to watch one, but Psycho is a classic.
49. What book have you read again and again?
The first of Katherine Kerr’s Deverry series, Daggerspell. When new books came out I would reread the previous books… The final book was Book 15!
50. Favourite TV Series that’s on now?
It’s very hard to choose between Supernatural and The Vampire Diaries.
51. Dark chocolate or milk chocolate?
52. What’s your favourite drink?
Tea (or Prosecco!).
53. Who is your girl crush?
54. What was the first film you saw at the cinema?
I think it was probably The Cat From Outer Space, at the Dominion Theatre, in Edinburgh. It was released in 1978 (how old do I feel?!) and I can’t imagine I went to the cinema before then!
55. Heels or flats?
I’d love to say heels, but I’m too out of practice… so, flats.
56. Favourite bedtime story?
Right now, anything by Julia Donaldson!
57. Bath or shower?
58. What’s the hardest thing about being a mum?
59. Favourite band?
Take That. Yes, I am of ‘that age’ :)
60. Favourite solo artist?
61. To be or not to be?
62. What would be the title of your autobiography?
The Lessons I Have Learned.
63. Best gift you’ve ever received?
64. Best gift you’ve ever given?
Probably my children!
65. Favourite fruit?
66. What was your first pet?
67. Favourite board game?
68. How do you have your coffee?
I don’t like coffee.
69. Best invention?
I’d love to say something more altruistic, but the smartphone.
70. Diamonds or pearls?
71. Blow dry or air dry?
72. Cheap or expensive shampoo?
73. How difficult was it to answer these questions?
Some were harder than others :)
So there you go, a few random facts about me! Join in if you fancy it, I’d love to read your answers.
[Written on 13 April]