The lovely Sam over at And Then The Fun Began tagged me in this meme. I am incredibly rubbish at doing these, so I’m quite pleased with myself for my speedy (almost) response!
Without further ado, here are my answers to Sam’s eleven questions…
1. If you had a superpower what would it be?
Well, I’ve always wanted a Transporter (as in beam me up, Scotty, which incidentally was never actually said in Star Trek!), so I guess the ability to disappear and reappear wherever I wanted to would be good…
2. If you could have just one beauty product in your life which would you choose and why?
This is a very close call between moisturiser and concealer (for the shadows under my eyes that make me look like I haven’t slept for a week!). But, I think that moisturiser has to win, as my whole body would miss it terribly!
3. Favourite book?
There are so many books that I love, so choosing one is a bit like having to choose a favourite child. But, if pushed, Brandon Sanderson’s Way of Kings would probably win it. This is an epic fantasy novel, which at 1280 pages was split into two parts for publication in the UK! I never want a good book to end, but I could honestly have gone on reading this book forever. The sequel was released last year and is another lengthy read, but just as good :)
4. Riskiest thing you’ve ever done?
I would have to say moving to the US. Thankfully it’s paid off, but leaving our life in the UK and moving so far away from friends and family was a huge risk.
5. What do you think other people like the most about you?
I think that people find me approachable, friendly and easy to talk to. At least, I hope they do.
6. What do you most like about yourself?
Ooo, tricky, it’s so much easier to be critical, isn’t it? Personality wise, I do find it very easy to chat to people and, hopefully, make them feel comfortable, and this is something that I value. Physically? If pushed, probably my legs!
7. Chocolate or cake?
Another close one, but it has to be chocolate.
8. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
I do love Reese Witherspoon… Not that I look anything like her, but she plays slightly quirky, ditzy characters awfully well, which would be useful if playing me :)
9. Favourite black and white film?
It’s a Wonderful Life or Bringing up Baby. Can’t decide, so I’m going to cheat and say both :)
10. What is your earliest childhood memory?
My fourth birthday cake. My aunt made me a house, and I remember it quite clearly. I think. I find it hard to know with some very clear early memories if it’s a true memory, or if I’ve simply taken the photo and the stories and created a memory out of them.
11. If you could pick any car regardless of the expense, what would you choose?
I’m not really a car person… Um, a Jag or an Aston Martin maybe??
Now, it’s my turn to ask eleven questions and tag a few people…
1. How did your blog get its name?
2. What fictional character would you most like to meet?
3. Where in the world would you most like to live?
4. What is your dream job?
5. What is your favourite meal?
6. What motto best describes your approach to life?
7. What is your earliest childhood memory?
8. What has been your most important life lesson?
9. What are you frightened of?
10. Are you a glass half full/glass half empty person?
11. How would you like to be remembered?
By way of a shout out, no obligation to take part, although I would love to read your answers :)